Experience the original Húsavík Whale Watching tour that has given the town the reputation of being Iceland’s whale watching capital. This tour is a unique opportunity to enjoy magnificent wildlife and witness whales and birds in their natural habitat on board a traditional Icelandic oak boat. The Original Whale Watching tour is the visitor’s first choice and recommended by thousands of satisfied customers worldwide.
- Traditional Icelandic oak boat
- Magnificent wildlife – whales and birds in their natural habitat
- Visitors top pick since 1995
Sealwatching is a wonderful experience of the magnificence of the Icelandic wildlife. Book a boat trip from Hvammstangi around Miðfjörður and Húnaflói during the summer, giving you the opportunity to watch seals in their natural environment.
- Sailing in a traditional wooden fishing boat
- Seal and Nature watching
Experience an exciting boat trip in an amphibian boat. The excursion takes you among huge icebergs in the beautiful glacier lagoon Jökulsárlon.
- English speaking guide (other languages on request)
- If you are lucky: Seals!
View of Reykjavík from the ocean on an old oak boat On a 1 ½ hour boat excursion that begins at the inner harbor of Reykjavík the history and development of a fishing community will be told, the various birds that life around like puffins, artic tern, guillemot will be explored as well as interesting architecture and art at the coast line which has different perspective from the sea than from land. Highlights; The old fishing port The puffin colony on the island Engey The historic island Viðey The art and architecture at the coast line The house Höfði, where the meeting of Gorbachev and Reagan ushered in the end of the Cold War The new landmark of Reykjavík concert and congress hall Harpa
- The old fishing port
- The puffin colony on the island Engey
- The historic island Viðey
- The avifauna of the bay
- The architecture and art on the coast line
- The house Höfði, where the meeting of Gorbachev and Reagan ushered in the end ofthe Cold War
- The new landmark of Reykjavik Concert Hall Harpa
Whale watching Hauganes is one of the oldest whale watching tour operators in Iceland, founded in 1993. The tours are operated from a small fishing village in Eyjafjörður bay, only 30 minutes drive from Akureyri. Enjoy a lovely tour on a traditional Icelandic oak boat. The tour is fully guided and offers free coffee and homemade pastries. Commonly Humpback Whales, Minke Whales, Harbour Porpoise, and White Beaked Dolphins are seen on the tours and whales are spottet in over 98% of the tours.
- 98% changes to seee whales
- most common species; Humpback Whales, Minke Whales,
Harbour Porpoise, and White Beaked Dolphin
- Boattrip around the beautiful Eyjafjörður
The Ingólfshöfði Cape is located in a nature reserve on the south coast of Iceland and offers ideal conditions for a large colony of puffins nesting here from May to August. You will drive along the dunes in a hay cart pulled by a tractor and then walk about 3 km to the bird cliffs.
- Puffin colony
- Hay cart drive
- Cape Ingolfshöfði bird cliff