Reykjavík by Boat
On a traditional fishing boat LUNDI RE 20 from Norwegian oak the trip will begin by sailing the inner harbor and out to a picturesque settings of bay Faxaflói. A local guide will tell the history of the northernmost capital of the world, the islands outside the city will be explored as well as the interesting bird life that is a home for puffins, artic tern and guillemot to name a few. Architecture and art that can be viewed from the sea side will be pointed out e.g the Sun Voyager, Peace tower, art yard of a film director Hrafn Gunnlaugsson and the new landmark of Reykjavik the concert hall Harpa. The trip is about 11/2 long.
The price in EUR is calculated according to the exchange rate of today.
- The old fishing port
- The puffin colony on the island Engey
- The historic island Viðey
- The avifauna of the bay
- The architecture and art on the coast line
- The house Höfði, where the meeting of Gorbachev and Reagan ushered in the end ofthe Cold War
- The new landmark of Reykjavik Concert Hall Harpa
Price in EUR
Adults: € 42,- / Children (7-15 y.) € 21,-
Daily Departures at: 10 am, noon, 14pm and 16pm